This firmware release is a maintenance release based on FW 6.30.0140.
It is an upgrade for CPP6 based cameras only.
Due to an internal file system being introduced since firmware 6.1x and architectural changes thereof, an upgrade to firmware 6.20 and higher is only possible from firmware 6.1x versions or higher.
Cameras with previous firmware versions below 6.1x first need to upgrade to firmware 6.1x.
DINION IP starlight 8000 12MP
DINION IP ultra 8000 12MP
DINION IP ultra 8000 12MP with C/CS mount telephoto lens
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 12MP 180
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 12MP 360
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 12MP 180 IVA
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 12MP 360 IVA
AVIOTEC IP starlight 8000
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 6000 12MP 180
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 6000 12MP 360
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 6000 12MP 180 IVA
FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 6000 12MP 360 IVA
All CPP6 devices incorporate a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) with own firmware.
This TPM hardware and firmware have been enhanced over time to allow for additional security features.
Due to security reasons, the firmware or functionality of the TPM cannot be altered in the field.
Thus, not all new security features become available on devices with older TPM hardware or firmware revisions.
Also, license types are related to the TPM version and can only be applied when matching.
The TPM version can be derived from a few bits in the Installation Code, to be found on the Service->Licenses page.
The bits are encoded in the 17th digit and have the following meaning:
8 FW < v1.3, global type 1 licenses up to bit 96, type 2 licenses
C FW >= v1.3, global type 1 licenses up to bit 96, type 2 to 3 licenses
Since firmware version 6.30 all cameras are prepared to receive a unique Bosch certificate during production, assigned and enrolled by Escrypt LRA. These certificates prove that every device is an original Bosch-manufactured and untampered unit.
Escrypt is a Bosch-owned company, providing a public certificate authority (CA).
Enrollment of the certificates in production is asynchronous to this firmware release.
• Flexible video input orientation handling has been added, including mirror and rotate (90°, 180° and 270°). This allows corridor view applications using full resolution.
• [CPP4] Flexible video input orientation handling has been added, including mirroring and 180° rotation. This allows to correct the view of e.g. panoramic cameras if wall-mounted headfirst.
• FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 cameras now allow reduced base frame rate of 12.5 fps to increase streaming capabilities for the second stream.
• [CPP4] A 1.3 MP application variant is now selectable for DINION IP bullet 4000 cameras.
• [CPP7] Built-in gyro sensor is supported for automatic orientation detection.
• The user management has been extended to allow free assignment of usernames.
Each user can be assigned a user group representing live, user, or service level.
• New user management system allows to dynamically create a user for whom the password can be treated as token. Also timeout before user account expires is possible.
• Token-based authentication implemented to allow user management based on communication with Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services.
• Secure FTP connection (FTP over TLS) is implemented.
• ICMP redirect messages are not accepted anymore by default. Acceptance can be re-enabled via RCP+ command, if needed.
• Video authentication is now also possible on RTSP streaming. It can be enabled with CGI parameter ‘auth=1’ which requests picture info packets (payload type 97).
• Recording to iSCSI now supports LUN size up to 64 TB.
• A PTZ preposition can be stored in a recording profile, allowing to record only a ‘region of interest’ (ROI) of the full image.
• ONVIF encoder profile settings can be verified via http://<ipaddress>/onvif_encoder_profiles.
• Tamper detection alarms are now forwarded to and included in ONVIF event services.
Video Fire Detection
• Automatic mask detection has been added to AVIOTEC IP starlight 8000 camera.
• Relay 1 automatically follows video fire detection alarm on AVIOTEC IP starlight 8000 camera.
• Web page layout has been improved for better usability and larger video for configuration.
• Video analytics now fully support 16 tasks in RCP+ and IVA Task Script Language.
• Intelligent Tracking is now also available on cameras 2 and 3 of FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 cameras in dewarping mode.
• JPEGs can now include VCA overlays in Live page, alarm e-mails and JPEG Posting.
For JPEG snapshot a new query parameter ‘VCAOverlay’ can be added to the URL, e.g. http://<ipaddress>/snap.jpg?VCAOverlay=1.
• Video can now be paused during VCA configuration.
• Reference image is now stored as JPEG instead of TIFF for broader compatibility.
• Tamper detection “too bright / too dark” was no more functional due to too high dynamic on our cameras.
To solve this issue, sliders for the brightness level have been added for manual adjustment.
For details on VCA 6.30 please refer to the release notes of Essential Video Analytics or Intelligent Video Analytics.
• HTML5 video tag is used to display a continuous MP4 video file from the camera on browsers not supporting NPAPI plug-ins (MPEG-ActiveX) like Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge.
• A “Links” section in the main navigation (blue top bar) has been added, leading to a DownloadStore page providing latest tools, apps and supportive software.
• Unicode characters are now also possible on all configuration strings.
• Time server IP address can be accepted to be overwritten by DHCP.
• Display of preposition widget on Live page can be configured.
• Due to the introduction of image rotation, the high-resolution/low-framerate capability for stream 2 is conflicting and thus no more available on FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 cameras.
• “Image too noisy” is removed as it never occurs due to the high dynamic of image processing.
• Downscaled images 4CIF/CIF are now encoded as PAL resolution (704x576 resp. 352x288) when camera is set to 25/50 fps base frame rate.